Here at FEC, we are proud of our pioneering role in environmental education. In 1990, when the word recycling was almost unknown to most people, we were already encouraging our students to bring their used paper to the academy, to be taken to a proper recycling facility, since there weren’t any recycling containers available in Jaen at that time. The response of our students was extremely positive and gave us great cause for optimism.
FIRST ENGLISH CENTRE defines the following environmental policy, with the purpose of outlining the approach of our business towards the environment in which it operates.
Protection of our environment is one of the most basic principles adhered to by FIRST ENGLISH CENTRE. We are committed to following this policy, which generally exceeds our clients’ expectations and legal obligations. The basic commitments (to be) followed are:
- Contamination prevention and continuous improvement of every environment related activity which takes place in our centre.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation and associated regulation.
- Reconcile activities which take place in the academy with the preservation of the environment.
- Encourage the reduction, the reuse and the recycling of all generated wastes.
- Rationalize the usage of energy and natural resources.
- Instruct and inform all our personnel, students, and any related individuals in the matter of environmental awareness.